Time-lapse technology for embryo culture, development and selection.
EmbryoScope+ (ES+) is the next generation of time-lapse systems used to carefully monitor and analyse the development of every embryo. This cutting-edge system combines an incubator, high-resolution camera and computer software to automatically take an image of each developing embryo at 10-minute intervals. These images can be reviewed at any time by our embryologists without removing the embryos from the incubator.
Time-lapse technology aids in the selection of the best quality embryo for transfer based on morphokinetics. Morphokinetics comprise of cell-division patterns and time points—it is important because it predicts the ongoing embryo growth as well as implantation and pregnancy potential. Secondly, time-lapse system provides an undisturbed stable culture environment for embryos thus, minimizing stress to the embryos. These benefits are exclusive to time-lapse culture systems and is extremely advantageous compared to conventional method of culture & assessment.
The Conventional Way
After undergoing insemination, your eggs will be kept in a heated benchtop-incubator. Assessment of embryo development is limited to brief “snap-shot” glimpses at defined time points to minimise disturbances to culture conditions. Based on these simple observations on embryo morphology, embryologists can only select embryos with little information.
What are the benefits of EmbryoScope+?
- Improve pregnancy success rates.
- Enable selection of most viable embryo for transfer.
- Reduce handling: Embryos can be viewed at any time without removing them from the safe environment of their incubators.
- More monitoring: More than 7200 minutes of an embryo’s development can be looked at as compared to conventional culture.
- First video of your baby: If you would like, you can request for a video of the transferred embryo.
Who will benefit from EmbryoScope+?
All patients undergoing IVF/ICSI will benefit from the use of the EmbryoScope+ Time-Lapse Culture System.