We recognise the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and this Data Protection Statement is to assist you in understanding the purpose of collection use and disclosure of your personal data.
We are committed in protecting your personal data and will manage and process your personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”), the Ministry of Health’s guidelines and directives and other relevant legislation such as the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act.
As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your personal data, we will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time and reserve the right to amend this Data Protection Statement at our discretion.
- Purpose for which your data may be collected and used
- Your personal information such as your name, gender, data of birth, NRIC, passport or other personally identifiable number;
- Your contact information such as your telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses; and
- Your credit or debit card information, shipping and billing information, including name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date.
- The above information collected will be only by us to provide our service to you, including but not limited to appointment making and confirmation, serving you whilst in our centre, answering of your queries, and to facilitate payment of your products and services. Whilst you may choose to withhold certain information keep in mind that you may not be able to use some of our services if we do not have the information.
- By voluntarily providing your personal data in order to obtain medical care, it will be deemed that you have consented to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of your personal data by us for the purposes directly related to the provision of medical care to you, which includes to laboratory, radiology centres, referrals to other healthcare professionals and institutions and other associated purposes (e.g, billing and internal administration).
We take patient confidentiality very seriously and will endeavour to keep your data safe by:
- limiting access to only doctors and healthcare personnel who are involved in your care, and the supporting internal processes;
- conducting regular checks to ensure only authorised persons have accessed your data; and
- putting in place reasonable security arrangements to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and to prevent any unauthorised access.
- Your rights
- You may access your personal data currently in our possession We will process your request in accordance with the access requirements of the PDPA and will provide you with the relevant personal data within a reasonable time after the request has been made. A fee may be charged for processing an access request.
- You may request to correct your personal data. We will correct your personal data as soon as practicable after the request has been made unless we have reasonable grounds not to do so.
- You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in our possession by giving reasonable notice to us. Although we are obliged to evaluate and process your request, your withdrawal of consent will affect the medical care and services you would receive from us or other healthcare institutions.
- How to contact us
If you require further information on our Data Protection Policy or clarifications related to data protection, please contact us at:Data Protection Officer
Alpha International Women’s Specialists (Singapore) Pte Ltd
101 Irrawaddy Road, #12-12 Royal Square at Novena, Singapore 329565
General Enquiries Line: +65 6860 8888