Time-Lapse (TL) Culture System in IVFknchua
Time-lapse culture system is a current technology used for embryo culture and embryo development monitoring in IVF. The system itself is an incubator which comes with a high- resolution camera and computer software that can automatically take an image of each developing embryo at 10-minute intervals. This provides an undisturbed and stable environment for embryos to grow whilst continuously acquiring images of the developing embryo. These images can be reviewed at any time by the embryologists for embryo development evaluation without having to remove the embryos from the incubator.
Time lapse technology aids in the selection of the best quality embryo for transfer based on cell division patterns and time points. The cell division pattern and development time points are especially important for predicting ongoing embryo growth, implantation and pregnancy potential. These time points can only be obtained using time lapse technology unlike conventional observation under the microscope which does not allow embryologists to capture all of these time points.
Benefits of Time-lapse Culture System:
- Improve pregnancy success rates
- Enable selection of most viable embryo for transfer
- Reduce handling: Embryos can be viewed at any time without removing them from the safe environment of their incubators
- More monitoring: More than 7200 minutes of an embryo’s development can be looked at as compared to conventional culture system.
- First video of your baby: If you would like, you can request for a video of the embryo development process of the transferred embryo.