Pregnancy Tips: How to cope with morning sickness?knchua
Morning sickness is very common. Most pregnant women would experience it during pregnancy. Morning sickness is a feeling of nausea and vomiting during early pregnancy. It can happen at any time of the day or night. It usually begins on the 6th week of pregnancy and goes away by the second trimester.
Morning sickness can be unpleasant and may affect your mood and appetite. You may consider the following tips on how to cope and relieve morning sickness.
- Avoid skipping meals. An empty stomach during pregnancy may make you nauseous.
- Eat small frequent meals. You can try having 5 to 6 meals a day which include morning and afternoon snacks in between meal time.
- Avoid drinking fluids during meals.
- Avoid food that makes you nauseous.
- Ask your doctor for supplement or medication to take for relieving symptoms of morning sickness. Your doctor will advise which ones that are safe to take during pregnancy.
- Staying hydrated. If you are vomiting continuously, it is important to replenish the fluids. You may try taking sips of water every 15 minutes. This will ensure that you do not become dehydrated.
Having morning sickness will not cause harm to your baby. However, if you are having severe vomiting or are experiencing pain or cramping, or have been losing weight during your pregnancy, seek medical attention immediately.